You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘Praise and Prayer’ category.
Is it in your heart to help the people of Haiti? I would love nothing more than to donate money to the relief efforts…but, for our family, that just isn’t reality. I’ve been thinking and asking about different ways I can help with what I have. Everytime I talk to someone or make a phone call, I hear the same thing, “Send money.”
Finally, here is a way to help with what I already have! For those that take advantage of the great deals at stores like CVS, Target, Wal-Mart and Rite-Aide (and other like stores), you have a stockpile of toothpaste, toothbrushes, soap, shampoo and deodorant. What better way to use up your excess than to donate to those in need?
Convoy of Hope is collecting Hygiene Kits filled with shampoo, soap, toothpaste, toothbrushes, hand towels & combs. I know I’m going to be pulling together a few bags and working with some friends to see how many we can fill. If you don’t have a stockpile, but still want to help, a $5 donation can be given to help toward the cost of buying these items in bulk.
Let’s see how many we can collect! Leave a comment and let us know how many you can get together.
Did you remember to mail your Red Envelopes today? If not…no worries…send them ASAP. The main focus was to get as many envelopes to show up at the White House at once, but since envelopes will be going from all over the USA it’s not too late.
Visit the Red Envelope Project for more information.
Do you have your envelopes ready? If not, you still have a few more days…try to send one for every member of your household!
Not familar with the Red Envelope Project? Visit this site to get the details.
Help change the heart of the President…help stop abortion.
You have an obligation as a citizen of this country to stop the murder of thousands of innocent lives this year…and years to come. Republicans and Democrats alike.
I’m sad to tell you that the little guy I mentioned earlier has gone home to be with the Lord today. Please be in prayer for his family and those closest to him. Also pray for his little friends that will have to find out today. It’s hard to explain to adults, much less children, that God’s plans are always good.
Our pastor sent an email with this encouragment, “At times like this we want to know why, but we will need to rest on the fact that God is too wise to be mistaken and too loving to be unkind – we must trust His character when we can’t fathom His plan.”
Thank you for praying.
Yesterday , a friend and I went to visit a little guy at a children’s hosptial. We left early and I was emotionally too drained to work on blog posts when I got home last night. The little guy has a growth on his brain and the doctors have no idea what it is. It cannot be removed, making this situation terminal. He will come home with Hospice care on Friday. Please pray for him as well as his parents and older brother. He is only 6 years old.
I will try to get back on track this morning and later this afternoon.
Just a quick note to let you all know that my dear sweet husband thawed out my pipes for me when he got home this evening 🙂 What a praise! I had been praying all day that the pipe wouldn’t burst before he got home to take care of it and God was so very merciful. Not only did they not burst, it only took about 30 minutes to thaw out the kitchen pipe and about an hour to thaw the laundry pipe.
Now…back to tackle some more laundry!
Starting a blog has been a fun experience for me. I’m not at all technical, it took a lot of patience to learn the ins and outs of blogging…and I’m still trying to get the hang of it. Reading other blogs has been very helpful and, of course, my husband is the computer savvy one here, so he has been a wealth of information for me. When I started my first blog, Cherity’s Daily Doodlings, over a year ago, the main purpose was to keep friend and family informed of the happenings in the Rinehart Household. As my writing style changed and more ideas came to mind, I decided to start this blog to cover all the “non” family related posts…well, that was the idea anyway. As you can see, I eventually decided to move everything over here and just manage one site. I believe it’s worked very well and I’m excited about the upcoming year. So, what to expect this year? Here are a few things to look forward to:
- In the next few weeks, Chaotic Peace will be undergoing a “face lift” so to speak. With the help of my wonderful husband, we’ll be switching over to our own domain making changes. I’m very excited!
- I’ve decided to join Amy over at Dandelion Seeds for her Create in me a Clean Heart bible study. Visit her site for the details and join us on Facebook starting January 4th.
- I’ll be joining some Giveaway Carnivals starting in a few weeks. The first giveaway will be a sample of Soap Nuts. I’m still in the process of testing it out, so check back for my review in 2 weeks.
- We’ll be exploring the world of Genealogy starting in February . I encourage you to join me for this as we start with making a Four Generation Family Tree. This is something I’ve wanted to do for my children for quite awhile and this is the year we start!
- I’ll still be posting for Menu Planning Monday, Kitchen Tip Tuesday and Frugal Friday…hopefully on a more regular basis 🙂
This is just a few of the things I have planned for this year. Also watch for guests posts from time to time. I’m hoping to have the first guest in the next few weeks. I’ll be praying for you as you head into the New Year, that you will have purposed in your heart to gloriy God in all you do and many will see His Glory through you!
How is it even possible that only 5 short years ago, this very active, loving, kind-hearted little boy was born? I think my heart breaks a little each time he tells me , “I can do it…I’m big enough now”. I think back on the day that my sweet oldest turned 5 and I remember thinking, “Wow…where has time gone?”…I don’t remember being sad about it. Then my precious middle daughter turned 5 and I thought the same thing. But now, this little guy that steals the heart of just about everyone that knows him is turning 5 and my heart is torn in two! I know that I need to let him grow up, but I wonder…is it ok to hang on a little longer? I guess it’s because he’s my last “baby” and I know that this is my last year with him all to myself. As I sit here, I can’t even imagine what I’ll do when all 3 of my children are at school everyday! For now, I’m blessed to be able to take care of a friend’s little sweetie during the day…if that continues, then it certainly will help with my “empty nest” feelings!
I praise and thank God everyday for the 3 children he blessed us with. Through the sweetest moments and the toughest trials, God has blessed our family in so many ways. And while I know that He is the Giver of every sweet, blessed moment…it’s in the trial that I see His hand the most. I suppose I’ll get through this “trial” as well…although, in reality…it’s a Blessing to be celebrating yet another year with all of our children!
I need to address something that has been very much on my mind during this election year. Human Life. Yes, it’s more than just the Pro-Life/Choice issue…I realize that. But, for right now…consider these points when you are casting your vote next week. Remembering, that if you vote for someone that is Pro-Choice, they will have to authority to keep abortion legal…at any stage of pregnancy. And let me say this…if you are unhappy with either of the candidates running for President, don’t stay away from the ballot box. If the person you wanted didn’t make it … write their name it! Just please VOTE for someone.
- Psalm 139:13-16 makes it very clear when life begins…at the moment of conception. (which is also scientifically supported)
- Proverbs 31:8 encourages us to speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves…such as an unborn child
- Considering the photo above which is at 7 weeks: most abortions don’t happen until after the 8th week of pregnancy. That’s not including what is considered “partial birth abortion”. In my opinion, consider what I know about fetus development, abortion at any time is “partial birth abortion”.
In light of next week’s election, I pray that you will consider this point to be a very important one. Some of you may think that it’s a woman’s choice what she does to her body in this case. But what about the rights of the baby? Some of the same officials that will protect the baby’s life that was born 1 minute ago are also the ones that will pass a bill that will keep abortion legal. If it’s not okay for anyone to kill a newborn baby, why is it okay for a mother to kill her unborn child?
You need to decide what the important issues are in this election. Is it the right to live at any point in life or is it about the personal life issues of particular candidates? While I do believe that we should be concerned about the personal choices of particular candidates and how it may affect their ability to govern our great nation, there are more important issues at hand.
A candidates decision to be Pro-Life or Pro-Choice says a lot about how they view Human Life.
I’ll step down off my Soapbox now…anyone care to borrow it? It’s about making your voice heard…not protecting someone’s feelings. I encourage you to leave comments…keeping in mind that it is at my digression which ones will be posted.
Several notes of interest…
- The Book Discussion is postponed until further notice. I only had one person express interest in doing an online discussion and she would like to wait a while also. If you are interested in this discussion beginning soon, please leave me a comment and we’ll start next week.
- I’m looking for ideas of what you all would like to read about. Some topics of interest are Frugal Housekeeping, Shopping on a Shoestring Budget, Raising you children to be Biblically sound, Online Scrapbooking challenges, Serving God by Loving your Husband…or anything along these lines. I’m at a stand still for post ideas so your input is greatly appreciated.
- I would like to start having one guest post a month. If you are interested please leave a comment with your email and I will contact you. All comments are moderated, so I won’t be publishing your email address.
- Starting today, every Monday I will have a new post under My Peace. These will be biblical insights and encouragement, prayer and praise and other thoughts I have that give me Peace. If there is something you are interested in having more insight on, please let me know and I will do my best to post something for you. It may take a few weeks, depending on the topic and the amount of research that will go into it.
I think that’s it for now! As you can see…I’m stepping it up a notch and hope you will be along for the ride!
Have a Blessed Day!