I’ve updated this recipe in order to incorporate the sugar. Thanks to Loren for the comment and suggestion! I made this tonight and it was by far the best crust I’ve ever made.
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 teas. sugar
- 2 1/4 teas. yeast
- 1 teas. garlic salt
- 3 cups flour
Directions (adapted for Kitchen Aid mixer)
- Mix water , sugar & yeast in mixer bowl and stir to dissolve yeast. Let stand for 10 minutes to let the yeast bloom.
- Add salt & flour
- Using dough hook – mix on speed 2 for about 6 minutes. Dough will be slightly sticky when finished.
- Turn out into greased bowl; turn over; cover and let rise for 30 mintues
- Gently punch down and move to pizza sheet
- Using hands gently press from center to edge around the pan.
- Top with your favorite pizza toppings & bake at 425 for 12-15 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before cutting.