Here’s a recipe that will be included in the Christmas Cookie Baking Day post scheduled for next week. YUMMY!
- 1 c. butter, softened
- 1/2 c. confectioner sugar
- 1 t. vanilla
- 2 c. flour
- 1 c. chocolate chips
- 1 t. shortening
- 1/2 c. sprinkles or nuts
- Cream butter & sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Add vanilla and mix well
- Add flour and mix well
- Cover & Chill for 1 hour
- Shape into 1T. (2.5 x .5 in. sticks) Place on cookie sheet.
- Flatten 3/4 of each end lengthwise with a fork
- Bake & cool completely on wire rack
- Melt chips & shortening together. Dip cookies and then add sprinkles or nuts. Cool completely and store in air tight container.