This was served for brunch at a Ladies Overnighter this past weekend. It is delicious…I just had to come home and make it for my family!
*not my toast! I forgot to take a picture before we all devoured it this morning…I’ll try to remember next time and replace the picture with my own.
- 8-10 thick slices of bread
- 6 eggs; beaten
- 3/4 cup OJ
- 1/2 cup half & half cream (I used kefir)
- 2 Tbls. sugar
- 1 teasp. vanilla
- 1/4 teasp. cinnamon
- dash of nutmeg
- 1/4 c. melted butter
- Combine eggs, juice, cream, sugar, vanilaa & spices in a large bowl.
- Dip bread into mixture and let soak for about 15 seconds
- Place on greased cookie sheet (with sides). Cover & refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning; remove wrapping and drizzle butter over the slices.
- Bake in a 325 oven for 35-40 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve with Maple Syrup or Powdered Sugar.