Here is a family favorite given to my by my friend Kristi. We’ve tweaked it a bit…but we still call it Hot Dog Casserole 🙂
Hot Dog (Ham) Casserole
- 1 package Hot Dogs ; cubed ( 2 cups fully cooked ham cubes)
- 2 potatoes ; diced and boiled
- 1 pint green beans ( 1 can) ; drained
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teasp. ground mustard
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup or less shredded cheddar cheese
- Melt butter in dutch oven & cook hot dogs until nicely browned (skip this step if using ham) ; drain & reserve butter in pot
- Make a roux with the butter, milk, flour and seasonings. When nicely thickened add cheese; stir until melted
- Add hot dogs (ham) , cooked potatoes & green beans and stir.
- Cook on low until heated thoroughly.
- Optional – place in baking dish & cover with seasoned bread crumbs. Bake at 350 until bubbly around edges, about 20 minutes.
Even the pickiest eaters in our home eat this one! For more great Kitchen Tips and Recipes, head over to Tammy’s Recipes.