We like our Sugar Cookie Cutouts nice and soft…how about you? Here is my recipe that we use for all our Sugar Cookie needs. Enjoy!
Soft Sugar Cookies
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup butter, softened (real butter)
- 1 1/2 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 1 teasp. vanilla extract
- 1 teasp. cream of tartar
- 1 teasp. almond extract
- 1 teasp. baking soda
- 2 1/2 cups sifted flour (measure after sifting)
- Cream together sugar and butter. Add egg and extracts
- Mix together flour, baking soda and cream of tartar. Stir into creamed mixture. Chill 2-3 hours or overnight.
- Roll out on a lightly powdered board until dough is 1/2 inch thick. Cut with cookie cutters and place on cookie sheet. Sprinkle with colored sugar or other decorations.
- Bake 7-9 minutes at 350. Cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes ; move to wire rack to finish cooling.