It’s been a crazy two weeks for our family. Last week, I started watching a friends 10 month old. He is the most precious guy and we love having him here! It’s taking some adjusting on all our parts, but so far this week is going better than last. I’m still trying to figure blogging into my schedule, so bear with me!
Yesterday while the baby was playing happily with some toys, we made play dough. It was lots of fun and the kids (Alex and the cutie little girl that comes to play on preschool days) played for over an hour with the goopy creation! Normally, I limit play-doh use to about 30 mintues, because I REALLY don’t like the smell of it! But this dough is made with Kool-Aid mix and smells great!
Here’s my Kitchen Tip for today…Kool-Aid Play Dough! *Pictures coming soon*
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup salt
- 1 packet of Kool-Aid mix (unsweetened)*
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- Mix dry ingredients in large bowl
- Add oil to boiling water
- Mix water into dry mixture with spoon
- Knead with hands for about 5 minutes adding flour to make it workable
- Cool in fridge for about 15 mintues
- HAVE FUN! Store in air tight container when finished.
*The flavor of the kool-aid determines the color of you dough. Remember to only use the little flavor packet…not the big packs with the sugar added. Any type of kool-aid/flavored drink mix will work.
Visit Tammy’s Recipes every Tuesday for lots of great kitchen tips and ideas!